Progetto Itaca guarantees:
- 24-hour reception and night availability
- Food and basic supplies in respect of cultural and religious traditions
- Clothes, underwear and products for personal hygiene
- Blankets, bed linen, towels and kitchen linen
- Phone card when entering the facility
- Transport tickets and orientation to guarantee the access to local services
- Products for the hygiene and the cleaning of the room, of the reception facility and of the apartment to allow our guests to independently do the cleaning.
- All the food which is necessary to cook meals in apartments
- Furniture to decorate personal and common spaces
- Distribution of a Pocket Money corresponding to €2,5 a day
- Printing/Coping of necessary documents
- School and recreational material
Talking about food
In order to ease the participation of our guests to everyday life, they are givent the possibility to cooperate in the preparation and distribution of food (breakfast, lunch and dinner). Progetto Itaca gives two options, with the main objective of teaching our guests punctuality when eating:
- Food catering that daily provides for meals: hot food is given to the reception facility and our guests oversee the portioning. Every reception facility is equipped with oven, coffee machine and water cooler.
- The possibility for the guests who live in apartments and in the reception facility in Ballabio to cook for themselves. Asylum seekers are given all the food they need every week and they make a shift rotation to establish who has to cook in each day.